Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Dormouse Review

The Dormouse (Mad Tea Party)

Bottle: Lemon and tea, in that order.

Wet: This is lemony with a capital L. It's standing very close to the border of that land called Pledge.

5 min: Pledgey-ness has faded, but I still mostly smell lemon. The tea smell is there, but it's more like dry tea, not brewed tea, and it's hard to find with all the lemon.

30 min: The lemon has continued to fade and now is back stage. In front there is a complex tea. Several different tea aromas working together, a little hint of lemon on the back. There's a touch of some smokey Oolong in there that's kind of nice.

Conclusion: Strangely there isn't supposed to be any lemon in this. According to the lab it's a blend of teas, a hint of herbs and some peony. Does peony smell like lemon? Or is one of the herbs lemongrass? In the end I'm not sure exactly what I think. I kind of like it, but I'm not sure that I like it for myself. The peony might explain why after a longer period of wearing I could smell a light floral around the tea, once the lemon faded out for me. This one will get another wearing for sure.

No comments: